Getting to know you in the New Year – #Hello2016 Hop
We’re ringing in the New Year with lots of giveaways! And by sharing some fun and wacky facts about ourselves. There’s a new giveaway at each stop so be sure to visit them all!
So this blog hop is supposed to be about sharing things about us that people might not already know. I’m uh, not sure what you care about hearing and I’m writing this post at six in the morning after just (and I mean literally just) finishing a veeery long book. So I warn you people, you may wind up learning things about me you that you might have wished to not know. I apologize in advance. But hey! If you see me at a signing or a con now, you can come up to me and be like “I heard about the fact that you used to carry animatronic spiders in your purse!” and we can all have a good laugh (that’s legit – when my kids were little I kept toys in my purse to entertain them – bonus fact!).
So. Things you never knew about me. Probably. Unless you were around when I was drunk?
- I’m one of those people who’s convinced they’re spectacular at Karaoke but actually probably makes peoples’ ear drums beg for mercy. Get a couple of drinks in me and tell me to belt out Chandelier in front of your worst enemies. They won’t know what hit them.
- I’m a huge music junkie. Way back before I started scribbling angsty poetry in high school notebooks, I was attending every concert I could find in my tiny hometown and waiting outside of tour buses to get signatures from bands. In my *cough* spare time I watch music documentaries, and my favorites are Sound City, Produced by Dave Grohl, and I am still haunted by the Soaked in Bleach documentary which posits the theory that Kurt Cobain’s death wasn’t suicide.
- Brownies and salty snacks are my Kryptonite. The fact that I’m on a gluten free diet hasn’t managed to slow me down in the brownie scarfing department. Especially when I’m on a deadline.
- My favorite books (if one can possibly make such choices) of 2015 were Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and Hold Me Close by Megan Hart. One’s fantasy YA and one’s a psychologically challenging erotica but both amazingly written, thought-provoking, and sob-worthy. I love a book that makes me gasp and cry.
- My next book, By the Rules, is a small-town m/m romance about a young, corporate shark looking to escape his job and a former male escort who hates corporate sharks. 😉 It’s book 3 of my Evergreen Grove series, but reads as a standalone. I heart these characters so much, and this book was an amazing challenge for me (enemies to lovers stories always are for me, but they’re my favorite kind). I hope you’ll check it out:
About By the Rules
He thinks I want him because of the rumors around town. Because I think he’s easy. I want AJ, because he’s AJ.
No liars. No suits. Absolutely no straight guys…
AJ Fabin’s list of rules keeps him safe. Since getting kicked out of his parents’ home and attacked by a former escorting client, his rules and his life in the tiny town of Evergreen Grove provide a quiet haven. He may be lonely, and he may stick out like a sore thumb, but the folks like him well enough. When he’s not dodging his old pimp, things are peaceful.
Hayden Price is having a quarter-life crisis. Engaged to a woman he can’t connect to and working a job he secretly hates, he comes to Evergreen Grove to help his mother through a health scare. Returning to his childhood home makes Hayden reevaluate a lot of things, including himself. When he meets AJ and finds he can’t stand the mouthy jerk—almost as much as he can’t stop thinking about him—he has a lot more to change than his career.
To be together, they’ll both have to break all of their rules.
It’s the new year and we could all use some new books. Enter below to win a gift card and some swag to get yourself something bookish and pretty. <3 Think of me fondly when you use it, I hope. 😉
TONS of other great hop participants and chances to win – check them all out!